Sunday, 19 September 2021

Review of Lenovo Tab




 I bought my lenovo tab from Argos two years ago when it was in the sale.  It was 30 pounds at that time.  


The model was a Lenovo TB-7104f and the version of android has been until now 8.1.0.  


To see and purchase a Lenovo tab from Amazon you can follow the link below:/p>




This was one of the reasons why I chose to purchase this tablet, because I needed a higher level of android that I had in my phone.  


My phone was a Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime, but the android version was only 5.1.0.  This meant that certain things online I could not use or download. 


 I also needed to download books because I joined a book club and wanted to download books and read them easily.  


There was not enough space in my phone and I found it difficult to download things such as books, and even the Kindle reading App into my phone.  


 My phone was far too limited in terms of such things and at the same time the screen was small.  Having calls when you are trying to read or do something is also annoying to some extent.


  For this reason, I wanted to find another device to download books and other things, without having to take calls, that had a larger screen and a higher level of android.


  I thought I could also use it for writing research papers and so forth as my computer had packed up.   I was previously hoping to buy a laptop but they seemed out of my price range.  


I also had plans to travel and so taking a laptop would be heavier and take up more room than a tab.  It seemed that the tab was more useful for downloading books and things into it, which is what I wanted.


  I needed something that had more space than my phone and I could download onto it.  It had the added bonus of being android 8 which I needed at the time, since my phone was android 5 only.  


So these were the considerations that made me consider the lenovo tab.  Of course price came into it as well and I saw it as most value for money at the time.  


When I bought the Lenovo tab I was excited to try it out but it had to be charged first and it took about 6 hours to do so. 


 Waiting for something to charge for six hours is a bit annoying, especially since the battery life is only 5 hours.   I then began to figure out how to use it.


  There was a small instruction book that came with it.  Some things were clear but not everything.  It took me a while to work out how yo use the tab, which I did mostly by just trying things out myself.


  I have not understood until now how a person is supposed to add a sim card to the tab if they wish to do that.


Although the pamphlet attempted to explain it, I did not really understand it fully.  I then gave up that idea.


What impressed me with the lenovo tab was that it was very suitable for downloading books and other files and necessary things.  


I had struggled a lot with my phone but I found the Lenovo tab downloaded apps, books, and other things quickly and easily.  


I now have many books in my phoneband many apps.  The space is good but limited, since I often havd to delete old files and apps in order to download new ones.  


It has quite a lot of storage and downloads fast.  I found it easy to search the net with the tab and that it is faster than my phone.  I have downloaded many books, pictures wi foand files in the end and most things are downloaded easily.


 As we mentioned, it is better than a computer for downloading ebooks and such things.  It is also more portable and useful for travellers who may want to travel light. 


 You can add and choose languages to use the tab, so I switch between English and Arabic when using the tab.


On the more negative side, the tab seems to be a bit slow at times to load things, even the downloaded files.  


I often have to wait a few minutes to open files abd books.  


It also has closed itself down several times, and sometimes closes and re opens by itself. 


 One charged it only lasts 5 hours before it needs a recharge and it takes 6 hours to recharge once it is empty until it becomes full.  


I also had hoped to be able to type on the tab and use it for writing essays etc.  


However, I find it difficult to write with.


  The writing is small and the tab changes what I write when I write.  


When I downloaded PowerPoint I found that the version available for the tab, which is the android version, is not as good as the version used on a computer, so it does not have all the features.


  I could not use animations, for example, or convert the presentation to video. 


When I write I feel that the spell check is not very helpful and hinders more than anything. 


 It changes what I write and does not correct my writing, rather it often changes it to something I did not intend to say.


  There is also no place to put in a USB or anything to save work that you have written, so you can only really save in on the tab and save it in places on the internet such as google drive, or send it by email. 


 Sometimes I send files to others, computers or my phone using Bluetooth, however, not everything on the tab has the option to be sent by Bluetooth and also if sometimes takes a very long time to open and download things. 


 As regards to the internet, since there is no SIM and nothing can be physically connected you have to use wi fi.


  These may not be major issues, but depending on what you intend to use the tab for it can be annoying.


In conclusion, I have found the Lenovo tab to be a good, basic tablet that offers value for money.


  If you want a device that is portable, small but large enough that you can read and download books, pictures, apps and documents from the internet and access the internet on wi fi you may find the tablet a good choice. 


 However, maybe I was expecting too much when I thought I can do whatever I want and use the tablet for writing documents.


  It appears to be not meant for that and is not the best choice for writing important things that need a lot of editing and spell checking.


  Especially since you cannot save it on a attached device and printing from the tablet also proves to be difficult.  


However, for ordinary writing you may be able to get by using it and I do use it for writing book reviews and short peaces of writing that do not need too much editing. 


 I would not recommend it for writing essays and university writings, since I struggled a lot with the small screen, spell check, editing, and printing. 


 For people looking for something to write upon for work or university I think the best option is a laptop.  


The tab is best for storing downloaded documents and books and using the internet without calls or interruptions.


< /p>



No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: TimeWise

   Do you like fictional novels with a scientific twist? If so you may like TimeWise, which concerns a young boy who has been orphaned and s...